In case the aisles full of chocolate and teddy bears weren’t a giveaway, it’s February – which means that Valentine’s Day is upon us once again. Friendship and love are everywhere… but what about particles, indoor allergens, and pollutants? It’s time to talk about indoor air quality. If you haven’t had your HVAC systems inspected in a while, there’s a good chance that love isn’t the only thing in the air in your home.
What to Know About Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
Because we spend a significant amount of time in our homes, it’s important to know how indoor air quality affects our everyday lives. According to the EPA, poor indoor air quality can cause unpleasant side effects like eye, nose, and throat irritation, and in extreme cases, can even contribute to more serious conditions like cancer or heart disease. So how do you keep indoor air pollutants and dust particles out of your air?
Indoor Air Quality Monitoring Services
You know that your local HVAC company can help with your furnace and air conditioner, but did you know that we can also help monitor and improve the air quality in your home? From recommending and installing dehumidifiers to helping with UV lights and more, we have your back in keeping your air clean.
- Duct Cleaning: One of the most important things you can do for the quality of the air in your home is cleaning the ducts in your HVAC equipment. Over time, dust and other particles build up in ducts, which get blown throughout the house if they aren’t cleaned and maintained. Duct cleaning is an affordable service that goes a long way to maintaining the value and quality of your home.
- Humidifiers/dehumidifiers: Controlling the humidity level in your home goes a long way in cutting down on mold, mildew, and harmful particles.
- UV lights: All surfaces have viruses and bacteria; however, some are more harmful than others. The sterilizing effects of UV lights can help ensure that your home isn’t playing host to harmful microbes that make your family sick.
How to Tell if Your Indoor Air Quality is Low
While you can’t see air quality, there are usually some good indicators that it’s time to have your HVAC system and air quality checked. If you’re experiencing any of the following, reach out to your HVAC servicer soon:
- Family members frequently get sick
- New or worsening allergies
- New or worsening asthma flare-ups
- Frequent headaches
- Feeling chronically “stuffy” or congested
About Universal Heating & Cooling
Universal Heating & Cooling is a family-owned company that has been providing affordable, high-quality HVAC services to the Miami Valley and Greater Dayton areas since 1976. Through fairly priced services and available financing options, we strive to make home comfort affordable and accessible for everyone. In addition to helping with air quality concerns, we provide services for full HVAC systems, including air conditioners, furnaces and heaters, ductless mini splits, and more.
If you’re looking for ethical services at a fair price, reach out to us today at 937-500-0063 or email@example.com.